Join us for services in-person or online
There's no way around it - some things are just different right now! But some things will never change! We are just as passionate about our mission to transform family trees with the Gospel, and this will always be a church that wants every experience to be life-giving for you and your family.
Scan below for what you can expect from our "respectful & balanced" approach to in-person services.
Unfortunately those are uncommon words in our world today, but we believe it's what God has called us to live out as we return to indoor services. There are different opinions and a countless variety of approaches being taken by schools, businesses, families, and churches, but we know we can gather in a way that (1) takes a balanced approach to current events and (2) shows respect for those who may be feeling differently than you or I. And we need your help to create & maintain that culture!
Our services will include most "normal" church stuff (singing, preaching, etc.).
A couple items of note:
- As you arrive, our Connection Team will be waving and smiling (even if you can't see it!), but they won't reach for a handshake or hug.
- The Auditorium chairs will be set up to help maintain distance between families. If it's just you or you're coming as a couple, we've got a spot for you! If there's 5-6 or more in your crew, we've got a spot for you!
- We will not hand out any printed materials, but they will be available at our Info Center. We will also point you to the website and social media pages to find important announcements or submit contact info to us.
- We will not pass the offering buckets. Instead, we'll have our locked dropbox available and online giving options as always.
- Our coffee bar is now open, but we ask that face coverings remain on until you get to your seat and take your first sip.
What about Fieldstone Kids?
- Our Nursery & PreSchool rooms are open during the 9:15 service only.
- Our Elementary rooms are coming soon! They will be available beginning December 6 during the 9:15 service only.
- Our volunteers are asked to wear face coverings and are temp-checked before serving each week. Children are not required to wear face coverings.
- Kids of all ages are always welcomed in the service, no matter what rooms are open or not.
We recognize it can be a challenge to include young children in a church service, so you can expect lots of grace for the energetic kids! Please don't worry at all about a wiggly child, talkative toddler, or fussy infant.
We will continue to reevaluate the status of our Fieldstone Kids Ministry and gradually expand what is offered. In the meantime, be sure to ask us about the Parent Cue app or RightNowMedia as great resources for your family throughout the week.
Please wear a face covering until seated in the Auditorium
We know many people aren't as concerned about illness, so you're welcomed to remove face coverings once seated because there's plenty of room to spread out. However, we also want more cautious families to feel comfortable making their way through the building's "pinch points" at the front door and Auditorium entrance. (Note: This request does not apply to young children)
If you've been sick, stay home
If you or anyone in your home has had an illness in the past 2 weeks, please respect the health of others and enjoy the service on Facebook Live.
Do what you believe is best for you and your family
If you need more time before coming back to church, stay home and worship with us on Facebook Live. If you feel the need to wear a mask even during the service, please do so.
Keep your young children close to you
We know they might not understand social distancing, but if your kids are with us in the service please don't allow them to wander in & out of other families' seating areas.
Respect the needs & decisions of other families
Everyone is processing and handling this season differently. There are many viewpoints, many sources of information, and many ways to operate as individuals & families. We ask that you practice understanding, patience, and grace as each family re-engages with church in their own way. Even before you hug a friend or shake hands with a buddy, consider how it will make others around you feel.
If you're new to Fieldstone, we'd love to meet you!
Our Connection Team won't force a handshake and they've been asked to maintain more distance than normal, but please feel free to initiate a conversation, especially if you have any questions. You can fill out a Connection Card at the Info Center, or if it makes you more comfortable you can simply scroll down and complete the Connection Card form at the bottom of this page.
Keep an eye on this website and our social media (@fieldstonemilan)
We are continuing to meet in-person through the holidays, and as we approach 2021 our guidelines and ministry plans will continue to evolve. We'll definitely announce any changes from stage, but stay connected for updates online as well.
Keep this in mind:
Indoor gatherings of any size present a certain level of risk and we cannot promise an entirely risk-free environment. Medical guidance for those who are most vulnerable continues to be that they avoid large gatherings, and we would encourage those with medical issues or other concerns to join us on Facebook Live.
We want to get to know you better!
And since we're avoiding handouts & printed materials for a while, we'd love for you to complete this form if you're choosing to explore Fieldstone this summer.
Hang tight while we prepare your form...
This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.
Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.
This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.
The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.